BOOK REVIEW : THE RAINMAKER BY JOHN GRISHAM

The Rainmaker by John Grisham is funny, intriguing, believable, and a page-turner. I enjoyed Grisham's writing style as always, as well ...

The Rainmaker by John Grisham is funny, intriguing, believable, and a page-turner. I enjoyed Grisham's writing style as always, as well as the concept, the characters, and his criticism of the world of U.S. law. Everything seems so neat and well-thought-out, even though it's predictable. 

Credit : @ade_reads
If you like thrillers, are interested in courtroom drama and lawyers, or enjoy some depth and crisp light-hearted stories, then this one is for you. Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!
...

Favorite Quotes:

- "All students enter law school with a certain amount of idealism and desire to serve the public, but after three years of brutal competition we care for nothing but the right job with the right firm where we can make partner in seven years and earn big bucks"

- "Please give me fifty more years of work and fun, then an instant death while I'm sleeping"

- "I don't feel stupid, just inadequate. After three years of studying the law, I'm very much aware of how little I know"

- "Law school is nothing but three years of wasted stress. We spend countless hours digging for information we'll never need. We are bombarded with lectures that are instantly forgotten. We memorize cases and statutes which will be reversed and amended tomorrow. If I'd spent fifty hours a week for the past three years training under a good lawyer, then I would be a good lawyer. Instead, Im a nervous-third-year student afraid of the simplest of legal problems and terrified of my impending bar exam"

- "Some people have more gut than brains"

- "I'm alone and outgunned, scared and inexperienced, but I'm right"

- "There are few things in life worse than a long-winded lawyer"

- "Life is too short to despise people who simply can't help what they've done."
...

This book was adapted to the big screen in 1997 with the same title. It was written and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. 


Anyway, the book is still very good, and I preferred the ending of the novel over that of the movie. But if you've seen the movie, you are not missing much by not reading the book. I enjoyed reading this book and watching the adaptation. I will certainly pick up another Grisham book in the future.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments